Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Lately...

Last Saturday we went to Sea World. I love Sea World during the holidays, the lights and music are so fun, but the best part of the day was watching Cooper ride a roller coaster with Kev for the very first time! Kev is a roller coaster junkie, he loves them! Cooper took some coaxing to get on, and actually chickened out the first time, but once he watched the ride up close he decided to give it a go and he came running off the ride all smiles and rode the Shamu Express 5 or 6 more times that night!
 
Last Tuesday I decided to take a stab at potty training, I put Coop in some underwear and we tried all morning to get him to go. I hung a motivational Perry the Pez on the wall and we tried and tried, but every time Cooper would say, it's not working, I can't do it. So after 3 hours and 3 cups of milk I decided to put the potty in the tub with a little water to help him relax. It worked! A little later he told me again he had to go again, but would only go if the potty was in the tub again, I was worried I had started a terrible trend, but by the end of day 1 he voluntarily told us he needed to go potty and went just fine without the bath! This was not so scary, however there were no incidents with #2!
 Day 2 and 3 he did well peeing in the potty but was having accidents with #2, and then day 4 he had a stomach bug and we were back to diapers until he was feeling better. On those days there were many times he told us he had to go potty and he still peed in the potty but we weren't willing to chance underwear during the sick days. Today he is back to feeling better and back to undies, wish me luck!
A few weeks ago Kev went into work on Saturday morning and just as he was leaving the house he got a call from his chief saying there wasn't much to do and to just go home and enjoy the morning! We love those days because they are oh so rare! We took advantage of the free morning and enjoyed some delicious donuts!
Maggie is 10 months now and is mostly so fun! This seems to be a little bit of a needy stage, but she is also doing so much more! She is determined to feed herself, which is messy and can be a bit of a pain because she won't touch baby food and just hits the spoon out of my hand, but it is also fun to watch her chew on all of the big people food. She is just getting tooth #8 and she loves to bite anything right now. She weighs in at a whopping 22 lbs! She loves to push this scooter toy around and sometimes will let go and stand on her own for a few seconds.
She is` so LOUD! She yells and growls and jabbers and loves to make noise and loves to do it as loud as she can. Sometimes she lifts both arms as high as she can, and then starts yelling, and then she slams her hands down, swiping anything in the way, usually its my face and it can be so scary sometimes! Even though she can be a little scary, she is so sweet and cuddly! She loves to be held and cuddled! She is a champion napper, taking a morning, afternoon, and early evening nap each lasting about 1 1/2 hours and sleeps okay through the night. She usually gets up once but if I leave the monitor off we all sleep just fine. He favorite foods are probaby bananas, apples and pizza and her favorited toys are whatever Cooper is playing with. She loves to be around Cooper and tease him. He hates it. It sure is fun having this little tub of love around!

This is a cake I made for the young women's evening of excellence. It was fun, I enjoy making a cake every once in a while! After I dropped off the cake I remembered that they added a new value and color since I had been in there so it is not represented on the cake, oopsies, I don't know if they noticed or not!

3 comments:

Steph said...

your cake is amazing!!!

Meg said...

haha Maggie is the same weight as Lily! I'm hoping for a chubber with this second one :) And your cake turned out awesome!!

Maurine said...

Linds, your kids are so cute. I can't believe how big Maggie is already. Sounds like Kev is still really busy, nice to hear you get an occasional day to play together. Good job with potty training. Hope it continues to be an easy transition.