Thursday, January 24, 2013

Super Cooper's 3rd Birthday

My little dude is 3! He is such a fun kid and it was nice because we were able to to a little pre-birthday celebrating with all our family in Utah. I had made a German chocolate cake and an earthquake cake for my dad's birthday and it worked out perfect for Cooper because he could have his own cake and candles. He loved it!
My mom likes to take each grand kid out for breakfast and toy shopping on their birthday. Normally Cooper would just get a card in the mail but since we were there two weeks before his birthday she got to take him out. She said he was very decisive. He walked into the toy store, Funfinity, and when the sales lady asked him if she could help him find anything he said airplanes. She showed him the airplanes, he picked out two and then said, I'm done we can go. My mom picked out a little car that drives along any black line track that you draw and then he also picked out a dirty stretchy balloony monster toy and got a stretchy fun toy for Maggie. It was a fun day out for him and Grandma!
 When we got back to Texas I needed to start working on his super hero party. For nearly two months, ever since he found a spider-man cake pan in the oven drawer, Cooper has been talking about a Spider-Man birthday cake. I had known for a while that I wanted to do a super hero party and was checking out a lot of ideas on pinterest. There were a lot of super cute things I wanted to do but in the end I had to pass on them. Still it was a super fun party to do. I did make masks for all the kids and we had frisbees that we drilled holes in and I tied elastic to them to turn them into shields that the kids could decorate with stickers and foam stickers. I got cheap valentines and comic books at the dollar store to make banners and of course it wouldn't be a party for Cooper without an indestructible home made pinata!
 We had an obstacle course to test out our super hero skills and afterwards the kids went out to fight the Bad Balloon Bandits. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the end of the fight. What ever balloons survived were all tangled together in a big ball hanging in the middle, just like how  the villains end up in the cartoons!
 Cooper and the long awaited Spider-Man cake
 
 
After the party we cleaned up, rested up, and then headed out to Peter Piper Pizza. Cooper was in heaven, he was such a squealing happy kid there, especially on the dragon ride. It was such a fun day.
At age 3 Coop:
Weighs 35 pounds and on a good day is barely barely 39 inches tall, which is just tall enough to ride on Atlantas, the big water ride, at Sea World
Loves super heroes, especially Spider-Man and Captain America (Pac Ay-a as he says), and he wears his Iron Man costume nearly every day.
He is not potty trained yet but we are working on it and his treat of choice for doing good is chocolate chips and big chocolate chips (Hershey Kisses).
He loves going to the park and swinging "high as the clouds" on the swings.
Loves to sing and dance. He will sometimes just start singing the most random songs, like "Call me Maybe" I need to be more careful with what I listen to!
He cracks us up with all the things he says, last night he saw Kevin's toe nails which were way overdue for a trim and he said "dad that sharp, you need to cut your claws!" he then pretended to touch them and cried out Ow!
Overall he is so much fun, he can be stubborn and has a hard time sharing, but he is also so silly and funny and makes us laugh everyday! And he is getting better at sharing with Maggie and she adores him so it is so fun watching the two of them grow up together!
 


4 comments:

Maurine said...

Happy Birthday Cooper! Such a cute kid. Looks like a fun party, good work Linds. I love the villain balloons what a fun idea.

Meg said...

What a lucky kid to have such a fun, talented mom! The party looked so cool! Happy Birthday, Cooper! :)

Scooter and Jessica said...

You are such a cute mom to spoil him so much for his special day! I especially loved hearing about the things he says and does these days since it has been so long since I have seen him. =)

Amy and Clark said...

I swear, your kiddos get the cutest birthday celebrations! Way to be an awesome mom to some super cute, growing kids!