Friday, September 20, 2013

Boody Guck

Ten days ago I dropped Cooper off at preschool and Maggie and I went to the gym. After the gym we went to the Halloween Store and Hobby Lobby. As we were walking between stores we passed a pet store and there was a parakeet stuck between the front window and the display. A worker rescued the bird but Maggie watched and gasped through the whole ordeal. Afterwards we went to Kohls and Maggie fell asleep in the car. When I woke her up the first thing she said was Boody guck mommy! The Boody guck! The next few days she told me several times a day that the Boody was guck. a week ago our neighbor was walking his dog and the dog came over and sniffed Maggies arm and terrified her. The whole night and next day she told me how the "Goggie Goo (scare) her and touch my arm!" At least she forgot about the bird for a while.
Yesterday I woke Maggie up from her nap so we could go pick up Cooper from school. I stood next to her crib, rubbed her back and said Maggie, lets go get Cooper. She quickly stood up and in her tired babble said "Okay...Okay...I want Pooper... Okay... (by now we were in the garage) Mommy watch this -blows a raspberry- You hear dat, what duh, what duh, you hear dat?! Watch this -raspberry- what duh, what duh, You hear dat?!! Goggie goo me! Boody Guck, Boody Guck mommy!!" I was just laughing the whole time as she babbled and babbled. I felt so lucky and blessed to be a mom. I haven't had as much patience with my kids lately. They are so messy, I will start to clean one room and by the time I am done they will have destroyed every room in the house. It's maddening. We haven't seen Kev very much this month and I often feel so tired and frustrated or overwhelmed. I am grateful for these silly moments when I can just laugh and love my kids despite the messes-*.-*- -or- - the little fingers reaching over to the keyboard....

1 comments:

Meg said...

Hahah that is so funny and sweet. Maggie seems to talk so well!! I love when Lily remembers random things or says things very seriously in a funny way. Gotta love those girls even when they're driving us bonkers :) Maggie is a cutie.