Sunday, July 7, 2013

May Happenings

 I did a triathlon with my friend Emily. It was so much fun! I was very nervous about the swimming portion and a little nervous about biking in a crowd of bikers. The Spa Girl Tri is really a no worry triathlon! There were no rules, if you were swimming and you needed a break or if you wanted to just jog in the lazy river, that was fine. The allowed one person in the water every ten seconds or so which made for a very long start. I waited over an hour to get into the water, but it made for a nice swim and bike ride. The weather was amazing. It had been rainy the day before so it was nice and cool for the race and actually pretty cold as we waited for the race to start. The bike ride was so fun. I don't have a bike so I don't ever ride a real bike but it was a blast and I was passing people the whole time so I felt like a super fast super star but really I am not that fast it just wasn't that competitive of a crowd by the time I got to the bike part. Overall I did better than I expected I had hoped to complete the 400m swim, 10 mile bike ride and 2 mile run in 1.5 hours and I did it in 1 hour and 17 minutes. I got 34 of over about 130 in my age group. Nice to be in the older group! Kev brought the kids down and they met me after the bike ride to cheer me on as I got ready to run and then they were waiting at the finish line and Cooper chased me across the finish line. It was awesome.
I would totally do it next year but two weeks before this race I found out I was pregnant and I don't know that I will have the time to get ready with just a few months to train.  
 After the race Kev and I chaperoned the Mormon Prom. This was my birthday date.
Kev had to work on Mothers day but these little supers made me feel good on my Birthday Mothers Day. Later that night my good friend Liz brought me homemade cinnamon rolls and I ate 4. 

1 comments:

Mariley Johnson said...

I've always wanted to chaperone a church dance! Way to go you super tri-athlete!